Author: Dr Brian Austen BSc (Econ) MA MPhil PhD
Specifications: 244x186mm, 288pp +16 pp colour wraps, casebound
Publication Date: February 2001
Tunbridge Ware and Related European Decorative Woodwares
* The definitive work on Tunbridge Ware and related European decorative woodwares.
* Superb work of scholarship and invaluable reference source for dealers, academics and collectors.
* Fully illustrated with detailed photographs of individual woodware pieces.
* An invaluable aid to identifying Tunbridge Ware.
* THE PRE-MOSAIC PERIOD
* Tunbridge - the Well and the Ware London and Brighton Industries Production and Sale.
* MOSAIC TUNBRIDGE WARES FROM C.1830.
* Tunbridge Ware Industry 1830-75 Methods of Production.
* Designs and their Source Tunbridge Ware Makers.
* RELATED DECORATIVE WOODWARES
* Killarney - Spa - Sorrento
* Mauchline and Scottish Souvenir Woodwares
A new and fully up-to-date edition of the standard text on this highly decorative and beautifully crafted Victorian souvenir ware. The text has been thoroughly revised and updated throughout to take account of the latest and most up-to-date research and discoveries. Also included are a number of new photographic illustrations.
Unrivalled in its scholarship, the book is invaluable as an aid to identifying examples of decorative woodwares in antique shops, at auctions or as exhibits in museums or galleries.
The author, Dr Brian Austen, is a leading authority and well-known lecturer on the history of furniture and decorative arts in the UK.